I am a Certified Ultrarunning Coach (United Endurance Sports Coaching Academy), Road Running Coach (Lydiard Level I & II), Functional Movement System Expert, and NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Multi-Sport and Community Coach.
I love running and have a passion for coaching individuals by identifying and developing personal strengths. I have been a running coach for 15 years, developmental football coach for 25 years, and CADS (Canadian Adaptive Snowsports) coach for 26 years.
Back in 2005, I left behind my couch potato lifestyle to start running. I enjoy learning as much as I can about running by reading every running magazine, book, and online resource I can find, and then experimenting with those running techniques and strategies on myself. I strive for the optimal balance between running effort, performance, and running injury-free.
I enjoy both road running and ultra running and have completed:
- 15 Marathons (including the Boston Marathon in 2012)
- Numerous Half Marathons and 10Ks in Alberta and Arizona
- 100 Km Black Canyon Ultra
- 50 Mile McDowell Mountain Ultra
- 50 Mile Lake Sonoma Ultra
- 50 Mile Fat Dog Ultra
- 52 Km Coldwater Rumble Ultra
- 50 Km McDowell Mountain Ultra
- 50 Km Mesquite Canyon Ultra
- 50 Km Elk Valley Ultra
- 50 Km Lost Soul Ultra
- Variety of trail races in the Aravaipa Desert Runner Trail Series and Arizona XTerra Trail Run Series
I learned a lot of valuable running tips and strategies from Expert Running Coach Greg McMillan (McMillan Running and author of “You, only faster“), Andrew Lemoncello (Olympian), and Ian Torrence (Ultra Running guru) when I participated in the McMillan Running Camp.
I am currently one of the Race Directors for the Lost Soul Ultra and enjoy volunteering at races and ultras in Alberta, British Columbia and Arizona.
To contact Dean at RunDeanRun Personal Coaching, please email email@example.com